When I joined the XD team back in 2015, it was simply a dream come true.
My relationship with Adobe started in 1998 in Brazil with Photoshop and later solidified with Flash for more than 12 years of my career.
During the journey, I have been blessed with incredible opportunities to:
- Learn and train people on Adobe/Macromedia tools
- Build digital products using Adobe tools
- Run an agency
- Compete and win hackathons using Flash in Las Vegas and San Francisco
- Organize Flash and Adobe Camps for almost 5 years
Always meeting and collaborating with brilliant minds along the way.
It was never easy, it was never perfect, but I did it all with everything I had.
And it has been the same during my time at Adobe seeing the inside: learning, failing, getting up again, and moving forward.
Looking back at my time at Adobe, I can't believe how much was done. Here are some highlights:
- Delivered talks at major product and design conferences in the US and Latin America
- Ran in-person workshops, and hundreds of live streams on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Was part of a "reality" show (Creative Matchup)
- Traveled the world to meet designers and developers
- Fought for accessibility (e.g. Liliane plugin)
- Started the first #AdobeSurfTeam 🏄♂️🏄♀️
- Created the first UserVoice instance for XD to capture feedback
- Launched XD's first mobile app
- Released a brand new extension (XD for Visual Studio Code with incredible partners)
- Released a brand new spec for design tokens (DSP)
- And most of all, I made friends for life!
For every person I met, for every lesson I learned, I’ll be forever thankful.
Only something truly special would make me even consider leaving Adobe.
In March of 2021, I was presented with an incredible opportunity.
So good to my career and family that I couldn’t say no.
Here we go! After almost six years on the XD team at Adobe, I'm happy to share that I'm joining Intuit as Principal Product Manager to help lead their core design system initiative, advocating for internal designers and developers, influencing products that serve over 50M customers.
All the projects that I touched and led as a PM are now in great hands, and I'll be cheering for Adobe from the outside, exactly like I've been doing for decades.
Now that I'm 40, this amazing journey at Adobe ends, and I'm ready to make this new chapter at Intuit even better.
I'm doing this for myself and for my family, with everything I have, one more time.
Let's do this! One step at a time 🔥🔥🔥